Vacancy Ref: IASME/ 2018/ PMU DIRECTOR
Programme of Integrated Assistance for the Development of Albanian SMEs
Programme Management Unit (PMU) - Ministry of Finance and Economy of Albania
Type of Assignment:
Nine months Fixed Term contract (with a possibility of extension)
Estimated Starting Date:
Deadline for Application:
10 June 2018
The Program of Integrated Assistance for the Development of the Albanian SMEs - IASME, which is the second phase of the “Italian-Albanian SMEs’ Development Programme - PRODAPS, aims at supporting the development of the Albanian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), by facilitating their access to the local credit system and promoting activities related to Corporate Social Responsibility.
IASME is financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) through 15 million Euros and is implemented by the Ministry of Finance and Economy (MFE) of Albania. The Programme is managed by a Credit Line Steering Committee (CLSC) supported by the Programme Management Unit (PMU) that has been established within the MFE. The PMU is responsible to ensure the program’s day-to-day operations and implementation.
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) is currently seeking qualified individuals of Albanian nationality to apply for the position of Director of the Programme Management Unit.
The Director of PMU will be based in Tirana but should be ready to travel and hold numerous meetings throughout the country, and work under pressure. S/he will report to the Credit Line Steering Committee.
The main objective of the position is to manage and administer the program under operating guidelines and procedures set out in the Programme Agreement and Financial Agreement and Operations Manual. The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole Initiative of the Governments of Albania and Italy, for development of the private sector in Albania. The role requires effective co-ordination of the Programme’s stakeholders.
A fundamental part of Programme Manager is making sure to give the project every chance of success so that means taking the concepts and ideas given at the beginning of the project, in synthesis and logical framework, and taking them through to project execution and implementation. The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the Programme.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) will be led by a Director who will be responsible for program management and supervision as described in the below responsibilities:
- Direct, supervise and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the PMU related to the management and implementation of the Program, including financial management, procurement, monitoring and financial reporting.
- Ensure that PMU staff carryout tasks outlined in their ToR. Action plans in a timely manner, conduct staff appraisal and provide feedback;
- Overall supervision of programme activities;
- Ensure a results-based approach to program implementation, including maintaining a focus on program results and impact as defined by the program results framework indicators;
- Participate and represent the PMU as non decision-making member in the Programme Credit Line Steering Committee (CLSC) and serve as secretary of the CLSC, organize and coordinate the meetings, preparation of agenda and minutes and of CLSC meetings;
- Ensure that the CLSC meets quarterly to review program implementation progress and performance, and record and submit minutes of the meeting to the CLSC and the AICS;
- Provide administrative and management/supervisory support to short term Technical Experts/Consultants to ensure timely delivery;
- Hire of the PMU staff in accordance with the organizational arrangements described in section 4.2.2 of the Operation Manual;
- Sign employment contracts for PMU staff;
- Hold periodic PMU meetings and other events to ensure that program is on track;
- Lead the preparation of, progress reports, quarterly and annual reports, and other reports on the PMU activities to be forwarded to CLSC, MFE and MAECI/ DGCS.
- Lead the preparation of, annual work plans and budgets and present to the CLSC for approval.
- Keep links and coordinate with local counterparts and all relevant stakeholders.
- Cooperate closely with the MFE to achieve the objectives of the Programme;
- Cooperate closely with the MFE for the definition of the agreements with Private Commercial Banks (PCBs) and for signing related contracts according to the procedures and modalities provided for in the Financial Agreement;
- Management of all contracts signed between MFE and PCBs;
- Coordinate the activities of all the stakeholders involved in the Programme;
- Be the sole responsible to represent the PMU before third parties;
- Identify implementation arrangements and needed resources to implement the Programme and ensure proper management of funds, including accounting, financial control and audit procedures acceptable to the Financial Agreement as well as the procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with Programme Agreement and Operational Manual guidelines including submission of financial audit reports to the CLSC, and MAECI/DGCS
- University Degree in Management, Business, Finance, Economics, or related fields.
- A minimum of 15 years work experience in public and or private sector in a managerial position.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in private sector development/ preferably in implementation of the SME projects.
- Experience in working with international organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken to level C1 of the Common European Framework of reference for languages);
- Good knowledge of Italian;
- Albanian native speaker.
Experience and competences:
- Organized and shows competency in both implementation and delegation of work;
- Excellent and proven planning, organizational, coordination, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to think strategically and achieve results;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Proven ability in reporting and in presenting information clearly and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities.
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- High level of computer literacy, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and the internet.
- Fluency in English is essential. A good working knowledge of Italian is desirable.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
The application should contain the following:
- Curriculum vitae in Europass CV format, including clear statements on candidate’s language skills education and professional experience, as well as the contact details (valid email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least two (2) professional references;
- Cover/ Motivation letter ;
- Copy of passport/ ID card.
The application missing any of the above mentioned documents will not be considered.
Please insert “IASME – Director of the Programme Management Unit” in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The selection commission will verify during the interview(s) whether short-listed candidates comply with the requirement of an advanced knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of Italian. Appointment to the post shall only take effect on condition that the selected candidate will submit certified copies of the university degree and employment certificates which demonstrate that the candidate meet all the eligibility requirements and criteria above specified.
By responding to this vacancy announcement, applicants authorize the use and elaboration of personal data and information, including sensitive ones, by PMU/MFE staff in charge of collection and storage of applications, as well as their use and treatment during the selection process.
PMU/ MFE adopts the principles of equal opportunities and accepts applications without any sort of discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, social origin, genetic features, language, religion, political orientation, membership to a minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
 The motivation letter shall be no longer than 2 pages and concisely illustrate the candidate’s interests and value added with respect to the advertised position.